[PSUBS-MAILIST] Gear for manipulator

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Sep 30 07:59:07 EDT 2018

 Alan,You could probably have that printedHank
    On Sunday, September 30, 2018, 1:33:41 AM MDT, Alan via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Hi,haven't had any Psub mail for a while.Am looking for a small gearbox similar to the one below with the double output,but with reduction gearing, to be used for rotating the joints in a manipulator. Preferably of non corrosive materials.I fear I may have to make it!I have purchased a couple of motors from BLUE ROBOTICS. The M100 (135W) & M200 (350W)http://docs.bluerobotics.com/thrusters/motors/These are designed to operate underwater without a housing, you just need to pot the wires. I have other plans for their use.So the idea here is to design a relatively cheap manipulator that avoids the hassle of building waterproof housings & compensation systems. My main intended function is to be able to reach to my thrusters & cut rope in an entanglement. It won't be as robust as a manipulator made using pistons but will have more range ofmovement & be easier to detach at depth if needed.Alan