Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] E-MHD NEWS!

I find your conclusions as offensive as they are paranoid, Big Dave. To
reveal too much detail regarding the inner workings of my propulsion system
would be foolish. It's not that I don't trust anyone in the group, but to
reveal that information in the public domain would immediately and
permanenty negate any possible ownership of the idea on my part -
irrespecive of whether or not anyone in the group did anything with the
information. To suggest that I should show everyone just because you say so
is extremely childish and demonstrates not even the most basic knowledge of
the concept of intellectual property.

I would never under any circumstance want anybody anywhere to spend a dime
on this project without having first seen the design and the test-bed that I
have constructed and operated successfully. In order to do this, the party
would have to enter into a contract with me not to reveal the details of my
design, even if we did no further business together. The only point at which
I would expect to be paid for this device is the point when revenue begins
to be generated by the sale, license, or manufacture of this device - NOT
BEFORE. I would never expect anyone to pay me without them first having
performed a feasability study themselves and having completed legally
binding paperwork with me.

  I would have thought that if any organization in the world would trust a
submarine enthusiast and inventor, it would be PSUBS. I sincerely hope that
Big Dave does not speak for the entire organization in this respect. I can
certainly understand how doubts could be raised about this engine, given the
fact that nobody has seen anything of it's like before and some 21 year old
Australian is claiming to have invented it. That's understandable. What is
not understandable is the protectist and insulting way in which Big Dave
presented his arguments. For that, there is no excuse.

As for my mention of 'cold fission', this was something I found on the net a
couple of years ago. This is not something that I claim to have invented
myself, nor is it something I am attempting to make money on. I was simply
sharing it with the group to see if anyone knew any more about it. If there
turns out to be no truth behind it, well that's a pity. If it turns out to
be an effective source of  air-independant energy, we all win. That article
was written by an anonymous researcher to the best of my knowledge, so I
have my own doubts about it. That is not to say that is any less plausible.
Not being a Nuclear Physicist, I am not qualified to say whether it would
work or not. I simply thought it may have been of some interest to the
group. So do get your facts in order before you get too carried away in
future.

I am no longer sure if I am welcome in the group. Would anyone in the group
that has an opinion on this please share it with me. I would like nothing
more than to remain a member of the discussion, despite this recent attack,
and continue to be involved in the exchange of ideas in regards to submarine
technology. I never wished to exploit PSUBS or any of it's members, simply
to share my enthusiasm with other people that would be interested to hear
about it.

Regards,
Richard Macrae Gordon