Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Joysticks

Well, im not the smartest person in the world when it comes to Subs, but I would have to say that if you are using a Joystick for controls to be sure it is fully waterproofed... Same with the laptop. I have once gotten a very bad burn when traveling on an Inflatable SSEC(Stealth Surveillance Espionage Craft) which was using a laptop to linkup to a communications outpost. If water hits the right spot on those things you will feel an amazingly powerful shock & if underwater it may trigger something & possibly blow the engines or connect to a fuel line and..... But if it is insulated & waterproofed I really wouldn't see why it couldn't be used... I would actually install the wiring in a separate case & that way there would be no worries.