From: Paul Kreemer [mailto:paulkreemer@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 6:36 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Compressable ballast tanks

For sake of thoroughness: it looks like aluminum 80s vary about 6 1/2 lbs full to empty:  http://dive.scubadiving.com/html/200105buoyancycalc_chart.html#tanktable

Happy New Year!
Paul

On 1/2/06, Dan H. <jmachine@adelphia.net> wrote:
Brian,

A K sub doesn't not use any pumps.  The standard system is, air from SCUBA tanks displacing ballast water.   Captain George Kittredge is working on a system where he can pump water, or air when surfaced, to change ballast.  The standard K sub does not have this.  My sub ballast is the standard air displacing system.  I don't know what pumps George is using.

The captain is quite the guy.  In his eighties and still actively inventing,
Dan H.