[PSUBS-MAILIST] call it a double hydro hull

Been thinking on lower cost construction

ONe idea I have been tossing around is building a double hull around my 1atm
compartments.

The Idea here is to weld up say a 1/4 inch steel facetted hull, with windows and all and then
build an  outer hull of steel and acrylic with about a 1/4 inch space. I would fill that space
with water and remove all air. To my way of thinking it would add strength to the
over all hull as liquids will not compress.

My reasons for this thought are many, but mostly to use thinner steel and a cheaper
way to increase outside viewing area.

Am I nuts?

Wait thats not the right question, for sure I am nuts but is it feasable?