Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] call it a double hydro hull

In a message dated 10/18/2006 4:26:22 PM Central Daylight Time, Alec.Smyth@compuware.com writes:
Put on the comic book or sci fi writer hat. Make the double hulled sub, but FREEZE the water between the hulls. Throw away both the inner and outer hulls, otherwise known as molds. Now dress as a commando, approach an enemy shore on a suicide mission, and conceal your sub after landing by letting it melt. Or carry it with you and drink it. Hey, you wouldn't even need viewports
Alec you are right up my expertise here. I am a Marine Recon, (special forces)
No one heres much about us, as we have not gone hollywood like the fish eaters
(seals)

And don't think yer ice boat is comic book. There actually have been plans
to build even and aircraft carrier using this idea. As strange as it seems there
are real advantages.

As far as suicide missions, I will have to educate you. We never go on suicide
missions, we go on missions with veering degrees of expendability.

Now back to hulls. My thoughts were a cylindrical hull would be something
I would have to buy and it would be very expensive. Much more than me
welding my own up. I am a poor folk and can only spend about 20,000 on
my toy.

Are you suggesting I could buy a cylinder hull all made up and stay in
budget?

 I am looking at a max working depth of 400 ft (fresh water) and

ONe thing I know I need to do at this point is spend much time going
thru the archives, so I don't keep asking the questions you guys have
answered several times already.
a strong believer of big safety margins

Semper fi
Dean Ackman