Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] hull thickness technical help needed

I love a good debate... I was in the professional boat building industry for a good number of years and comparing a boat hull to industrial GRP is totally different. The blistering on FRP hulls can be eliminated and has been in many cases. Blistering is the result of water intrusion into the laminate and bacteria growth inside the laminate. How did the water enter the laminate???  sometimes it is a dry lay up allowing the water to wick into the laminate, in other cases it the result of an impact but in 99% of blister problems it is merely cosmetic.
    The navy still uses grp on its big boomers (although not part of the pressure hulls) and declassified information on GRP poly thread spheres tested for the us navy has been released. The spheres were tested to 20,000 feet (8,889 psi) haven't seen the tech info on it yet but if they can withstand this type of depth, well I don't think i need to say more......