From: "Brian Cox" <ojaivalleybeefarm@dslextreme.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Sitting High
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 23:00:24 -0700

Joey,
          Your question: " Why don't you just store it at a harbor or
somewhere?"    In a perfect world that would be the ideal thing to do,
but where I live, California,  you have all these restrictions
everywhere you go.  If asked the slip rental people if I could keep my
50' submarine in their facility I'm sure they are going to find all
kinds of reasons why I can't do it.  .....Like our lawyer says we can't
let you because our insurance doesn't cover submarines etc..

  Another thing that may be a concern, and if anyone has any knowledge
on this I would be interested to know,  is in a strong storm would it be
possible that a very large sub could tear a dock apart very easily?   If
it was in a well protected harbor maybe there would be no problem but
this is something I have no knowledge about.

   The sub would be able to stay in the water for extented periods of
time without any detrimental effects on the hull, aside from general
cleaning.

Brian Cox