[PSUBS-MAILIST] European diesel electric psubs

Hi Peter

TV-Periskop: yes - 3 time CCD camers at 120 degrees in a clear acrylic pipe
together with decks light, antennas, flashlight and so on.
In harbour condition this acrylic mast can be lowered like a periskop to protect it.

Snorckel ? No: We will drive with open hatch, but because of the more or less closed sail design and the high hatch pipe it should work. Engine forward bulkward can be driven closed - there is a big ball vale in the battery comparment were the diesel can breath from.

I have the possibilty to add a snorckel - maybe this is nessesary if we later found out that it is common. But normaly we are on the bottom on anchor and sleep during storm time..

Today we install the transmission between AC-Generator and PTO (power take off of the maingear). And the whells and belts for the maintransmission arrived after 1.5 months.
The installation of the high pressure bilge pump is nearly finished.
I would say the engine conpartment is nearly 90% finish. Main transmission belt is last installation job - rest is mostly electric wireing.

But still a lot to do on the forward conpartment, special on the electric and paint job.

At the moment I work still on the anchor system and play with my new side scan sonar - make test trials with  boats of friend, found a MIG 17 and a Avro Lancaster MKI - but will be later installed on Euronaut. The Koden Coulor Echosounder is now install in forward direction as anti collison unit. The side scan sonar comes with echosunder, seamapplotter, GPS and 5 hours of record tape.

regards Carsten