Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Air Tanks

Hi Dean. I considered using regular oxy/acetylene type tanks as well, mostly because they are readily available and cheap. I decided on scuba tanks because I can get them filled at more places like dive shops around marinas etc. The dive shop I'm most familiar with near my home won't fill anything but scuba tanks, and I was afraid of going some where and not being able to fill up. I'd hate to have to go looking for an industrial gas place for a fill up if I went to some where far from home like Baja, Mexico, or even Seattle.  It's possible to get my own compressor, but they're not cheap. I think they run around $5K for a new one. That's an awful lot of $3.00 tank fills.
Why do you have 200 cu. ft. of 02 on board?  Isn't the 02 just used with a scrubber to prolong your dive time?
02 is pretty dangerous. Especially in a confined space like a sub. It will make things burn that normally wouldn't. I was thinking just a small bottle of 02 around 20 cu. ft. would be enough to refresh the air during extended dives, and maybe keep an extra one or two as emergency in case the sub won't come up.
Frank D.