Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: The Dry Divers

Thanks Jay, I'll look into that. As for the ball valve, I can see where that may be difficult to adapt for this purpose. Although it has a hole in it, it also has a stem that must be considered. Usually the hole in a ball valve is pretty large in reference to the ball size, which would limit how much swivel you'd get. A smaller hole relative to ball size will permit more angle for swivel. It seems a cue ball would be a good choice. It's nice and round, very smooth, and easy to drill. That leaves the socket. It might be possible to use the socket from a ball valve, if a good match in size could be made with a cue ball drilled with a smaller hole. By cutting off the threaded portion of the valve body outside the sub, a fairly good radius of swivel might be possible.
Of course, being careful to choose a valve style that will retain it's pressure rating after cutting part of it off.
Let's wait and see what Vance comes up with. Maybe we could get some one with a working sub to test it out. If not, I may be able to test it in the chamber I'm building. If we can get it to work, it should be very useful. As I said, that one on the video looked very nimble. Was that a bottle of Jack Daniels they picked up? Real treasure! Frank D.