From: joeperkel@hotmail.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Stopping Flaps
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:06:09 +0000

In all the time that I was contemplating NR-2, this is precisely what I had envisioned. Minnkota has a dial control that I was looking at.

Operationally, the first order of business was going to be target acquisition on the Interphase screen by the pilot, with a visual confirmation or "tally ho" by the co-pilot via a forward cam or port. Then the pilot switches to visual navigation, just like flying an approach on instruments. Basically, the whole idea being to avoid the "oops" in the first place.

Joe