Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Frank D. Test Model

Thanks Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 12:25 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Frank D. Test Model

Hi Doug. Because my sub is made from 2:1 semi eliptical tank heads, I took an old BBQ propane tank and used it as a mold to make fiberglass half domes. I then made some foam shapes to approximate the front and back structures/ballast tanks and glassed them on. Next I made some little window rings, and a hatch using the same foam techniques. I have some small plexi disks that fit in as windows, and will make some wings/motor mounts and drop weight shape. Glue all the stuff onto this basic model, and I'll have a fairly accurate model for flow testing. I made the model large enough so I can get my hand into the opened hatch to add/change weights as I need them to adjust for neutral buoyancy. Then I'll take it over to my buddy's house and plunk it down in his pool. I used a weighted string to pull the old models through the water, and it gives me a pretty good idea how the sub travels through the water at different speeds. Frank D.