From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 11:42:43 -0400
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Deep Flight Challengers Interior
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

Hi Brent. If you have a double O ring on a hatch, I don't think it would cause a vacuum in between after a dive/compression cycle because O rings set up like this only seal in one direction.
   Metal to metal is OK because it's still the O ring trying to get pushed into the crack that does the sealing. Although it's nice to have a machined surface match-up, there is room for variation there. (although not much!) If you have a "perfect" flat match, and then paint it, it's not perfect any more. Frank D.