From: bottomgun@mindspring.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Deep Flight Challengers Interior
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 06:19:31 -0400

Brent,

Just because someone else has done it doesn’t it make it right from an engineering standpoint.  How many people have to tell you that it is a bad idea every few months when you bring it up.

Then there is another example ! of a double O-ring used in the hatch of the Great Lakes Sub, w! ith larg e O-rings that keep the metal surfaces apart during normal diving ops.

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=4001713&pid=7375620

Some people have built their PSUBs in a vacuum of information and go about things different once informed when they build another sub.
Jay

Respectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

    - Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC)