RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fun Thief

Brent,

After I looked at the image, it occurred to me that they may not be o-ring grooves at all but centering/drip lands.  Centering lands cause the hatch to snug down exactly where you want it to and drip lands/rings are machined in to direct water drops from running directly into the interior.  The rings cause the water to route around the entrance and drip off of the bottom.  Unfortunately, I discarded the image link to go back and review it further.

R/Jay

Respectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

    - Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC)