From: brenthartwig@hotmail.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Venting an Ambient
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 16:13:52 -0700

Hi Joe,

This point you made below, is exactly what I want to figure out for my inflatable pontoons, so I can blow them at depth if I need to in an emergency.  Most of the time I would only fill them up when I get back to the surface.

"What would a cracking pressure of 0.5 to 2 lbs translate to in hull overpressure, and how many would be required to dump expansion in an emergency ascent from max depth."

Your resident  pontoon  dreamer   ;)'

Regards,

Szybowski

I found some PVC check valves today which could quite possibly do the trick but I think you would have to ask two questions.

What would a cracking pressure of 0.5 to 2 lbs translate to in hull overpressure, and how many would be required to dump expansion in an emergency ascent from max depth.

Otherwise, these look pretty nifty!

Joe