Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] MIG vs Arc

Thanks Jim !
DL

----- Original Message -----
From: kocpnt tds.net
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: 3/3/2010 12:19:01 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] MIG vs Arc

Hi All,

I am not a proffessional welder and have had much good advice over the years. Most of it it would support Dan's statement. I have been coached by a professional steam fitter with 25 plus years of experiance. His recommendations almost exactly follow Dan's and I cannot find fault in any of them. I have done test coupons and the results are amasing!!!

While my welds will never look as good as Dan's they are sound and follow sound basic welding principles.

Mig welding  is fine, however there is a reason that it is not allowed itn structural situatioins!!! It is very unpredictible and sensitive to operator inputs.

My two cents!!

Best Regards,

Jim K

.