[PSUBS-MAILIST] linear actuator position indication

Frank,
You may remember that I came across a trim tab position indicating system that operated by having a timing
device that was started when you flicked the switch to move your actuator. The theory being that if your actuator has a
4 second stroke then the counter indicates through LEDs that your actuator is in full up or full down or somewhere
in between depending on time elapsed.
I checked my linear actuator & it slowed under load & had only about a 2 second stroke. So this system might not
work perfectly for me as the actual speed of the actuator could differ from the counter.
I'll see my dive plains but won't know where my rudder position is other than I'll know that after a couple of seconds it
will be fully one way & after a couple more it will be fully the other way. Will get the first compensated then address
this problem with the rudder actuator.
Alan