Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] MBT Vents

Hi Vance. Yes to your method of venting the tank......It for sure will vent a lot quicker using your method, and require less piping. I'm looking forward to seeing it when I get out there.
On the Swagelock fittings, it's pretty pricey once you get up to the 1" size, and bending the 1" tubing requires some pretty expensive equipment and/or shop time. It would however need fewer fittings as the tubing can be formed to the exact dimensions so eliminating some elbows.
The lower thru-hull has a 3/8 inch Swagelock fitting welded into the nipple and the HP air supply will be SS Swagelock up to the HP air manifold. Not sure what yet for connecting the scuba tanks to the manifold. Most likely use regular scuba hoses. There are two aluminum 80's inside and another outside. I'm leaning toward using a 145 cu. ft. industrial tank for the outside reserve air. It snuggles up under the rear FRP fairing, ( where the big fin is ) and is clamped unto the rear ballast tank lid. The rear fairing hinges up for access to the tank, and motor wires, etc.
 I'm waiting for the nipples and stuff from Mcmaster Carr and will put up pictures as I build it out. I'm staying busy building the sub along with trying to get my house ready to rent. Shelly and I are trying to make the move to Daytona. Man I sure collected a lot of STUFF in the last 20 years !
 Frank D.