Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Rudder angle indicators

Hi Alan. The side dive planes and thruster motors are mounted on solid 2 inch diameter Stainless bar stock which in turn is inside a 2 inch inside diameter tube mounted to the hull.  Pretty beefy as I expect to smash into stuff with the side mounted wings. It would be a lot easier to use the "strip" type potentiometer mounted to the linkage here.
On the rear thruster/rudder mounts, they are on 1 inch diameter bar stock, again inside 1 inch inside diameter tubes mounted hard onto the transom plate. I think if a "strip" type was used on the linkage it would be easier for my particular set-up.
Here's a couple small photos of the dive plane and rudder set-up. They're old photos but you'll get the basic idea on how it's configured.

Like I said, these are pretty old pictures but you get the idea on how it rotates.
Frank D.