From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of James
Frankland
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 12:43 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] SubConn Help

Hi all,

Could someone give me a hand with selecting the correct penetrator from
subconn?  I'm sorry to seem a noddy but i am confused with all the
different products on the site.

This is for the rear thruster through hull that i want to go into the
rear end cap.  I was hoping to find something on Subconn that will do
the job.

The thruster is the Minn Kota 80lb 24v.

Looks like the high power ones available on psubs members page would
probably do it, but which one?

I assume you would weld in a plate with the correct hole threaded and
screw the bulkhead connector to it?  Also you'd need the corresponding
in line connector?  But which bulkhead connector?  Male or Female?

Also, i actually only need 2 pins, so possibly i was thinking of this
one.   Might be cheaper?

http://www.subconn.com/filer/1031/SubConn_Power_Battery_2_Contacts.20837
9629654805.pdf

and, a while ago there was talk of a "standard penetrator" that everyone
was advised to add to their sub to enable sharing of equipment.  Which
one was that?.

Thanks in advance,
James