Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] scale model speed in the pool

Hi Jens. Thanks. That's easy enough for even a dummy like me to understand. I saved it to file. I calculated the "scale" weight of my test model ( 1 inch equals 1 foot ) to determine how much extra ballast weight I'd need back in the model stage to get it to sink. Basically I added magnets to the bottom inside until it reached neutral buoyancy.( the model was made from a steel BBQ propane tank )
Then I used a friends "swim lap " pool which has a pump to make a current so you swim in it without going anywhere. I tied the model with a tiny wire and adjusted the "flow" in the pool to equate speed underwater. It was kinda funky but gave me good insight into how the models would perform when moving through the water.
Frank D.