Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Moveable Propeller & Kort Nozzle

In a message dated 3/27/2010 8:23:32 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, laland@artematrix.org writes:

So I guess we could say that this assembly did not deflect thrust, but
rather applied it in the direction needed (using the horizontal and the
vertical axis at the same time). This actually gave the 11.9 m long
submarine a remarkable steering control, even at very low speed.
Yes.....Vectored thrust. Just a little "juice" pushing the water where you want and it should make steering at slow speeds good. My thrusters ( 2 ) work in tandem and have prop guard rings, not real Kort nozzles, but by turning the whole assembly of motor, prop, and rudder/rings it should give me a very small turning radius. In addition, with the two side thrusters ( all motors are forward and reverse ) I should be able to "back into" a parking spot at the dock.
Frank D.