Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Rudder Indicator using 3 Reed Relays

Hi Frank,
>As for the fiberglass, I'm not sure how I'd get a "full cover" boot to seal where the wires come out the back of the actuator and I wanted the extra strength of a fiberglass >casing.
Just cut 2" of pvc pipe & fill in the gap between it & the actuator body. If you wanted extra strength you could take the pvc
the length of the actuator, put a cap on the wired end & pour either resin or resin & filler down it. A pipe would need to go through
the pvc & actuator body before pouring the resin. (for the actuator oil displacement). But shouldn't it be strong enough without this?
Was thinking that if you went all the way up the actuator with a boot & had a hole in the actuator for displacement of oil due to
piston movement; it would be best to put the hole at the highest point of the cylinder depending on how you were mounting it.
That way the weight of the oil in the actuator would be contained within it & not causing the bellows to bulge out more than neccessary.
I should be making some progress with my actuator this week so will keep you posted.
Alan