[PSUBS-MAILIST] compensating linear actuators

Frank,
I made a working model of my compensation idea for a linear actuator.
It failed miserably. The bellows just buckled up & resisted the piston movement,
instead of expanding as I had expected.
Have posted a few pics.
http://www.psubs.org/projects/1235435392/actuatorcompensation/
I'm now convinced that your reservoir idea is the way to go. I tested it
out by attaching the model to an empty plastic bag & pushing water into it.
One of those  IV bags they have in hospitals would work fine. It would be tough,
have the fittings in it & tubes for attaching to it would be readily available.
If you have a look at my pictures with the pvc tube on the end of the actuator body,
you can see that you could attach a nipple for the compensation tube to it.
You would have to cut out a section for the compensators attachment mechanism.
Alan