[PSUBS-MAILIST] K-600 Reconditioning

Removed the scrubber from inside the sub today. It looks to be a medical variety CO2 scrubber with a model number but no manufacturer information. The absorbent was manufactured by CHEMETRON (St.Louis, MO) and I suspect the scrubber was as well. I likely won't be reusing this scrubber due to its age, but it looks like there might be a replacement canister from www.dremed.com that could be used although the size would have be checked. See details at http://www.psubs.org/projects/1234567801/k-600co2scrubber/

I also removed the nameplates containing design depth, test pressure, serial number, etc, all in accordance with ABS Rules for Underwater Vehicles section 11:13. I'll clean these up and either reuse them or have new ones fabricated. This is good information that should be on every sub so that there's no question about the sub's diving capabilities. See details at http://www.psubs.org/projects/1234567801/k-600miscellaneous/

Jon