Re: Watching for surface traffic

> (please note, boys and girls, that a 36ft. catamaran flying at 25kts. will not be heard until the
> sub's dome/canopy is destroyed - with your head in it.  So, ultimately, we still need an imaging
> system of some sort, be it periscope or camera.)
>
> Rick

Hi all,
Yes that would give you a headache at least but I think my dry sub would put a big hole in the Cat too.
Another thing that can help avoid this in some cases is this. Some times I use a floating divers flag on
a 25' line so that is surfaces a bit before I do. I do this in shallow lakes along with a surface boat.
There is one drawback to this idea. You have to be careful it don't get tangled on something
underwater.  It's never happened to me but it could. 30 lb test fish line might be a better idea for a
flag tether as it would break if caught on something.
Jonathan Shawl