Re: Visibility and wavelength

This sounds like a great idea that will become useful when the technology can
catch up.  Light travel 186,000 miles per second.  60% is around 100,000 miles
per second.  A millionth of that is about 500'.  So the strobe could keep the
illumination down to 500' of silt.  It would require a sensor that could be
phased to the strobe (lagging) very accurately and only catch the reflection
which, for say 50', would only be 1x10^-7 seconds.  These sound like pretty
difficult numbers to achieve.  Maybe a light on the end of a long holder would
do the same thing (the low tech approach) or, even better, an ROV with a light
and a camera on it!