Re: Visibility and wavelength

On Mon, 05 Jul 1999 15:43:06 GMT hylands@ibm.net (Jon Hylands) writes:
>I am not aware of *any* visible wavelength that will penetrate water
>to any extent.

If the water is clear, how far can we see?    In some places, the Secchi
disk
is visible for a long way.

I asked about the exact frequency of lights, seeking a color that would
permit me to illuminate "around" particulate matter.   (I wish I'd saved
my notes.)   As I recall, the best was a blue-green light that had
thallium
in it.

Mike Holt