ethos

Hi,

Ethos, per dictionary, "The character or attitude peculiar to a specific
culture or group."

I am thinking of another page to be added to the web site called "Ethos".

In it I want to define those delightful terms like "dead horsie" or "stick
a fork in your eye". What I need are those terms, who first coined them,
and a brief explaination as to what they mean.

Term: Dead Horsie
Originator:
Definition: Beat a topic to death and then discuss it some more.

Term: Stick a fork in your eye
Originator:
Definition: It is better to "stick a fork in your eye" then to do that stupid
            thing and get killed.

More?

Regards,
Ray