Re: Wet or Dry = Scary images of the deep

Hi,

> Most 1atm psubs should have a method for flooding the interior so the
> hatch can be opened for escape but I would see this being used as an
> absolute last chance method for bailout.  You probably wouldn't get

Good safety feature. There are some contraints in using it though.

1. If you are not on the bottom you will soon head that way because
   flooding your hull will make you heavier. Can you flood fast enough
   to bail out in time before you go below crush depth or too low to
   breath compressed air?
2. If you are on the bottom, are you too deep?

> bent since your time breathing compressed gas at depth would be
> minimal (hopefully!).  Depends on several factors. I would rather be
> bent than drowned anyday though!  I'm planning on keeping a 30 cu ft
> pony bottle and regulator in my sub for bailout if necessary.

Good safety feature. Again keep in mind it won't work if you are too deep.

Regards,
Ray