Re: "Bootlegging Real Psubs"

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999 17:44:42 EDT Subscuba@aol.com writes:
>SJSVOB@aol.com
>writes:
><<
> As a kid I used to attach a giant metal bucket upside down to anchors
and go
> down in that.  Does that count?   Does the 20,000 Leagues Adventure at
>Disney  World count?
> Steve >>
>

>Why not?

Want to tell us more about that, Steve?    I could never get the thing
trimmed
so that the air wouldn't pop out in one huge bubble.    Parents kept
getting
upset about the washtub sinking in the pond across the street.

I once built a two-tube, six-foot snorkel.    It worked, sort of.

Lloyd Bridges wrote a book about his underwater exploits as a child.
I think he was nuts, looking back on it, but he did claim to build a
pump-supplied hard-hat rig.

Sometimes, it's a wonder that we survived childhood.   I think I had more
fun than my kids.   I almost trashed myself more frequently.

Hmmm . . . . . .

Mike Holt