Re: Sketchings (was: Autocad Lite)

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999 13:34:17 -0400 dkanarr@bellatlantic.net writes:
>"WHIP" is a program that was design by Autodesk to read Cad drawings.
>It's like a plug in but you can then mod. the drawing if you want.  It
>comes with R14/2000 as a bonus program. I think you can download from
>Autodesk.com but I'm not sure.

Ah!   I think some of the problems are solved!

>Listen.......If were all talking about saving money.........The napkin
idea is great....
>Then maybe a nice person (like a dead horse like me will convert them
>for you...)
>It could be a great weekend project.  I only see one problem.....
>
>As the project progress, the drawings will build up.

Yeah, they do pile up .   At one restaurant I frequented, the waitresses
learned to bring me extra napkins when I arrive with an envelope of
drawings.

>I think you all should make a secure web page were only the "designers"
can
>go.....Scanning pics. and then uploading to a web page is easy.  Then,
>ALL can see them and then write there comments.  But, there is a
>problem there. Building a page like that will take as much time as
building a
>sub.

So perhaps we need someone who will concentrate on the web page, and
not on the submarine part of it?   Let me think about this one.

In Morris's biography of John Holland, it's reported that JPH would stay
after school and laboriously copy his drawings onto a blackboard.   Then
he and an engineer would make changes to the blackboard version, and
transfer the changes to the paper for the next session of discussion.

Mike Holt