Re: crude childhood submersible death-trap fun

On Sun, 18 Jul 1999 17:10:24 -0700 Dick Morrisson writes:
>Mike,
>Isn't a self propelled diving bell a submarine?

I dunno.    We never thought of it as a submarine.   As we planned it,
it'd be an open-bottomed thing that looked too much like the lunar
lander to deserve the name "submarine."

>Have you seen the little underwater scooter called the B.O.B. (breathing
>observation bubble, I think).  It is a sit down, mostly open wet sub
that a
>diver can ride around on (in?) that has a clear bubble to stick your
head in
>so you can talk and breathe normally.

I think I stumbled onto the website a couple of months ago.   Seemed
kinda . . . unsuitable . . . for me.

>Anyway, a
>simple version of this could easily be built by a handy person for not
>too much money I would think.

BOB doesn't sound too complicated as it is.

I prefer 1 atm. boats, now.

Mike Holt