[PSUBS-MAILIST] Web based discussion

Marc de Piolenc piolenc at archivale.com
Sun Jul 21 21:00:39 EDT 2013

Too bad. You need to keep in mind that you will lose people by going to
a Web forum - not because of lack of access but because of lack of time.
One of my other strong interests is ferrocement, but since the
ferrocement email list went to the Web I've almost completely lost touch
with it. I can screen scores of incoming emails in the time it takes to
log on to one Web forum, and a hundred or more in the time it takes to
scroll through a list of threads to see if anything interesting has
popped up or been updated. I have many fields of interest, so the net
result is that I am forced to choose between many email-based
discussions (sixty or so at last count) and a few Web-based ones. Right
now the only Web-based board I visit regularly is the Rotorcraft Forum,
and I use it as a Web resource - searching for specific technical
information - not as a means of communication with other enthusiasts.

At the very least you might want to survey your membership to see who is
in a similar situation to mine. I hope you reconsider this move and
reject it. If not, well - it was fun while it lasted.

Best to all,

Marc de Piolenc

--
Archivale catalog: http://www.archivale.com/catalog