[PSUBS-MAILIST] MK-101 Connectors

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jul 29 15:07:34 EDT 2014

Talked with Jennifer Stewart at MJ Stewart which is the distributor for
SubConn in the US.  She confirmed what I wrote below.  Each pin is rated
for 25 amps but the BHB series connector material has a max rating of 50
amps.  Divide the connector rating by number of pins to find the total
amps per pin.  In short, the two pin configuration is adequate for the
MK 101's.

Also had a short conversation about custom cables.  I need someone to
come up with a simple spec...connectors, cable length, wire gauge and I
can get a quote from them with that info.  She said quantity will be
important to keep the price down...ten is a good number, 15 is a better
number (her words).

Jon