[PSUBS-MAILIST] Alvin Jr is no more

Joe Perkel josephperkel at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 07:12:07 EST 2014

Hi Douglas,

250' operating depth, endurance exceeding K-350 due to increased battery capacity and nearly same size electrical loads. The pods have space for dedicated house loads for ventilation / AC, Nav, etc. She will still be towed to site. I figure I should want 4 - 5 one hour dives out of a day max, then charge at night?? Maybe?, I don't know haven't been out there with you guys.

Something like this would no doubt pull attention, some of it maybe negative. Perhaps close to finishing a build like this one could contact the public affairs officers at the Miami CG Base, and State Park Authorities etc, in order to break the ice, and or announce ops in advance? This design doesn't quite work without the torpedoes and camo scheme. Ix-nay on the swastika flag of course, that would be replaced by an international "under tow flag" while towed, and a divers flag for ops.

I would imagine that Sheriffs, Park Rangers, and Coasties would all be curious and fascinated as well with any PSUB. Someone good at their job can assess the situation appropriately within minutes. In a pinch and the extreme circumstance of anyone inappropriately exceeding their authority on site would get immediate compliance from me while concurrently hearing the words Federal Retiree and US Navy Veteran as I right down the name. We do after all have the right of "life liberty and the pursuit of happiness" so long as that pursuit does not impede on the common good, or rights of others.

Glad you like it Douglas, Thanks!

Joe