[PSUBS-MAILIST] Conning tower hatch O-Ring

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Oct 19 23:38:49 EDT 2014

Hi Mark,
I have heard of people with the square grove having trouble with the O-ring falling out, & having
to stick them in with copious amounts of grease. That could be a sizing issue though.
I think it's a 1/2 dove tail grove they have on the K boats with the angled edge to the outside so that
the O-ring is squashed by external pressure against the flat side of the grove.
(someone correct me if I'm wrong)
I vaguely remember Phil saying the Deep Workers have the 1/2 dove tail grove.
Alan