[PSUBS-MAILIST] R300 mods

via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Oct 27 05:46:54 EDT 2014

Cliff,
Since you are replacing the jet drive with a pair of fixed  101's, what are
you doing to achieve low/high speed maneuverability?  Did I  misunderstand
about your main thrusters being fixed?  Are you incorporating  rudders, dive
planes, additional maneuvering motors?
Best regards,
Jim T.

Cliff wrote:

... I am simplifying the propulsion and maneuvering  system by going to
fixed thrusters with  Kort nozzles and Minn  Kota motors.  While I do drop the
boat speed dramatically, I get a simple  propulsion and maneuvering system
that is quite and easy to maintain.  In a  few months, I will let you know if
I was  successful.