[PSUBS-MAILIST] Minn-Kota Shaft Seals

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Apr 11 10:19:36 EDT 2017

I don't think you need to test external pressure.  If you maintain 4psi over ambient then all you need to test is whether 4psi is enough to blow past the single seal.  You could keep cranking the pressure up within the motor housing to see what the cracking pressure of the seal is.  Of course I imagine that will change over time as the shaft and elements wear on the seal.
Jon