[PSUBS-MAILIST] Penetrator Air Void Question/Concern

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jan 31 20:17:09 EST 2017

Rick,I would not dive without an aircraft  altimeter or gauge that does the same job.  Most guys are going to sky diving altimeters and they have a new face sticker made.  Gamma came with an altimeter so that is what I am used to.  When you dive there are pressure changes from temperature changes.  That shows up right away on an altimeter, you then just give a shot of air inside to  add some pressure.  Also you can end up with an over pressure that shows up right away on an altimeter.  That is important if the over pressure is significant.  You can vent it off before you hit the surface or you may have an over pressure valve.  The altimeter is not just for life support.  Hank