[PSUBS-MAILIST] Decision time.

Mon Apr 16 06:39:48 EDT 2018

 Hi All,

I need to make a decision how I am going to do the new sub.  I'm really not
sure quite how to do this, so open to thoughts\suggestions.  :)

I have cleared the boat out and its completely stripped.  All penetrators
etc are removed or loose.  Viewports were a real swine to get out, but they
are all done with no damage.

The primary design objectives are:

1. Diesel power for longer surface running.
2. Powerful surface motor.
3. Enclosed tanks for open sea running.
4. Ability to get out on surface and walk around on the deck.

I was initially thinking that I would fit a diesel engine inboard.
However, I am now leaning a different way.

I am thinking I should put a powerful electric motor in a pod at the rear,
as a live rudder.  Kittredge style.  It would be able to rotate from rear
full 90 degrees left and right, to act as a stern thruster as well.
Motor to have pressure proof housing.  Not compensated.

Diesel generator mounted internally instead of a direct drive.

Kittredge style battery pods.  Slightly bigger.  More batteries, deeper
rating.

Drebbel style main tanks.

Any thoughts before I commit?

Many thanks