Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 200ton 18meter Live aboard submarine

Hello Ian.If you don't mind me asking, how thick is the hull ? Are there internal rings of concrete or steel ?
Is there reinforcing wire like a ferrous cement sailboat or just the re-bar.
Would it make sense to use stainless re-bar ? I would think retaining rings of stainless would be easily cast into the concrete hull, with anchor points welded so that they were embedded in the concrete and connected to the re-bar, but Wil is the expert on this. If 30 meter or 90 feet is your average depth, and you tested it to 90 meters, what are the pressure cycles like as it pertains to number of cycles before failure. It's one thing to make a structure from concrete and send it down and leave it, but repeated cycles are a different thing. Will you be doing any testing with mock-ups before you start the real thing ?
Sorry if I'm being too nosy, but the whole project just sounds so damn interesting. I know all the guys will be following this build very closely, and again, I wish you all the luck. Frank D.

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.