Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Robotic arm

Hi Alan. The robotic arm link you sent is very interesting. One of the drawbacks I've noticed with most arms is their speed. The one made by Dan is pretty slow and most of the others I've seen aren't much faster. Using it as a camera mount will make the speed less bothersome. That's what impressed me the most about the "cue-ball" design. It's so quick and works as an extension of your hand.
On your submarine.....you mentioned that it will be small. Is it based on a Kittredge design ? Id love to see some sketches if you have anything you'd be willing to share. I'm always fascinated by the different approaches people take when they build a personal sub. My own design started out quite different than it is now. Pretty much the only thing that survived the design process is the general shape of the hull. It's been a lot of fun building it, although frustrating at times. Good luck with your project.
Frank D.