Re: Typhoon

Jonathan Shawl wrote:

> For more info see
> http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/typhoon/index.html#specs
> I don't see how the flat plywood panels fits in. The sub is mostly all curved
> except the flat deck.

Hi, Jon and All . . .

Not sure if I answered this one, so here goes: deck and bottom are flat panels.  Sides are simple
curves (shallow arcs) easily achievable with thin, built up, ply layers.  Stern's a wedge with
slight, simple arcs and the bow's a simple arch, too, but, needs to be formed a little more
carefully.

All edging can be rounded with a plane, belt sander (roughly with a disc sander) and by sharp, heavy
hand-held file.

Rick