Re: crude childhood submersible death-trap fun

Hi,

I am sure this thread is off charter but I think is it appropiate to
understand who we are (dealing with).

Yes, I did crazy things. Nothing in the submersible realm but I built
tennis ball cannons for lighter fluid, one using gasaline and a spark plug,
fire cracker mortor, blew things up, made land mines, dug tunnels, had
Tracer Gun fights on bicycles, built a tailer for my ten speed for a
cross country bicycle trip, tried to make a pistol on my Dad's lathe
(BATF: I wasn't allowed to, so go away),....

I wish my kids had at least 1/10th of my childhood interests. Today the
get their brains sucked dry by TV and computers. No praticle or hands on
knowledge is being learned by our youth.

Sure Dad, I will be happy to play with it once YOU make it. Help? Me? You got
to be kidding, I have a new game on the computer.....

Regards,
Ray

P.S. Of course with all the laws now our kids can't really do much anymore
     without getting into major trouble. If it only saves one kid...BS.

P.P.S. It is my hope in my old age that my kids fess up that they did do
       crazy things. They just kept it from the old man. So far I haven't
       seen any evidence.