Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Desert Star Sport

Hugh,

Take a look at their website for a better idea of how the units work.
http://www.desertstar.com/Products_category.aspx?intProductCategoryID=7

Both these units are designed for divers and as such are meant to be used up close. In my opinion, if your "chase boat" is a small row-boat or inflatable craft and you can get your arms overboard to put the units in water, they should be very effective. How effective they are attached to a 10-foot pole so you can reach the water on a chase-boat with high side walls is probably dependent upon the "chasers" eyesight.

Jon

Hugh Fulton wrote:

Hi Andy, For a Sub and tracking using the Sport or the 32kHz units. How do they work for a chase boat to see where the Sub is? Do you have to hold the instrument over the side of the boat in choppy water and get drenched or do you have a wand type of arrangement? How easy is it to convert them if required? Can they be used other than by divers? Appreciate the feedback. I am a potential customer. I know that the Scubaphone have a Pinger built in but you still need a direction finder. Linkquest have the full banana but it is 15k. Chs Hugh