Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Papenberg Depth Gauge #4

It would be a good reference to have under the "Projects and Photos" section of the website, and will be easier to find later than searching through the email archive. You can sequence your illustrations and add detailed descriptions. For what its worth, I found the posts up until #4, to be lacking enough detail to comment on. It probably would have been better if you started with the overall sketch and then showed the details in subsequent posts. I don't think email lends itself well to that kind of "instructional" format whereas the website does.

The unit you are describing is very similar to what we call a "water level" in the States. Similar configurations using large lengths of hose can be use to find "level" over long distances. The primary question I would ask if I were to build one would be what is the internal PSI rating of the glass tube and where do you find that information. Also, is the depth indication (graduations) as shown by the water column linear, or does it vary as the air bubble is compressed?

Jon

Jens Laland wrote:
Unfortunately, I see no sense in continuing this diy description here on
the list, as it appears no one give a toss about it anyway.