Re: Screw size and speed

	In RE: Superiority of big geared-down screws, any thoughts or
experience on fouling? Problem with being a "bottom dweller" is that there
are -things- you can wind up amuck in, like cables and so on. I worked
around ducted small screws to keep a clean smooth profile, but realize the
performance penalty. Hearing more about the Perry subs has really piqued my
interest, though.
	Did any of the Perry boats ever have trouble with those big screws
and entanglement when they weren't under power?

							John

John Brownlee
Lunar and Planetary Lab
University of Arizona